Friday, March 26, 2010

... I Should Say

Over the past few years, I have expressed a great deal of frustration, and, at times, all-out anger at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. There have been times and incidences where I have been quick to point out what I perceived as weakness, ineffectiveness, and even opulence in reference to Speaker Pelosi’s performance in Congress. Further, I have been critical of what I felt she was doing in the blogosphere.

I believe that I am entitled to have felt much of this frustration; however, I feel it is important for me to say that by now residing beyond the threshold of her contribution to one of the most important accomplishments government has gained in my lifetime, I apologize and want to express my deep appreciation for the sum of her tenure to date. Therefore, my appreciation for her work on this virtually nullifies my personal problems with her leadership. It can be said that after it was all said and done, I was wrong.

Sometimes— many, many times, I personally miss the forest for the trees. Try as I may to be objective (as Mr. Lange had reminded me on a few occasions,) things that I feel are critical on any given day act as blinders toward my scope of the larger picture. As much as I’d like to think my efforts immunize me, there are times (like this) where I must admit that I can be as fickle as anyone else, and worse, that some words and actions have come from this flaw.

Her strength & efforts during this often horrid process— her tireless work to unify an extremely diverse Party anatomy in the House, in my opinion, were essential components of why we are all sitting here today with smug satisfaction.

While I hold strong to the belief that no person is infallible based on his or her past heroism (See John McCain;) at this point, I am directing my most sincere gratitude and admiration to Mrs. Pelosi. At this point, she's golden in my book, and I can't thank her enough.

Thanks Madam Speaker & all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment